Wednesday 23 July 2008

chainblock + mast step



Chainblock is installed and ready for lifting the half hull. May be we need another one, it will be clear very soon. The mast step is ready. Its made of 4mm stainless steel plate and welded together. When I asked the local metal workers, even my old fellows, to make it in aluminium, they were not happy. The suitable aluminium is specific and sold in big quantities. When I asked to do it in SST, it worked well.The weight is 1580gramms. I hope it works well and is not too heavy.

2 comments:

Grant Kinsman said...

Hi Chris,
Not sure about the mast step weight concern, but the welding in SS is sure a lot neater than Al with the required filler. It looks great.

Roger said...

Hi Chris,
dont worry, my maststep is 1120gr without the pivot ball.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=639139&id=516748982&l=17549

Regards
Roger