Thursday 3 July 2008

floats finished







things moving on...
...On photos You can see todays situation. The "twins" are ready and assembled. Tomorrow I will make a nice radius between the hull and deck and glue over. Then we can see, what the weight is.And a painting job. I made some samples, my supplier asked to do. It seems the paint works well, a little weight economy is possible. This is not a common topcoat, some new polyester based paint.
And then the main hull, of course.
046
055 the float decks are ready
082 some samples with new paint
087 the "twins" are complete
089 some new equipment-sanding machine and a smart cutter-sander- polisher- whatewer
090 Max (Maximus)-the watchdog,sailors and boatbuilders friend. Looking at the situation day and night.

Problems are another kind- its hard to find suitable aluminium alloy list to cut mast support details,nobody is interested in small orders.Yesterday I was in steel manufacturing company, they make the ball...Swedish Selden is not interested in making a rotating mast. I hope to get an answer from Danish Johnmast thru my friends...and there is no serious mast manufacturer in Finland... any suggestions anyone ???

No comments: